[ipxe-devel] unable to type/enter text in console/login after commitdiff "2a696ab963fe71296d9495caed1b748f6f7d8971" when "using" comboot support in src/general.h)...

Torgeir.Wulfsberg at kongsberg.com Torgeir.Wulfsberg at kongsberg.com
Wed Jul 29 11:38:12 UTC 2015

Hi!

Don't know if this is a bug, or something that is not supposed to work...
I also did find out that I actually don't need comboot support, but anyway, I'd guess it still should work?

Commitdiff, where "error" got introduced ([serial] Use new UART).
https://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/2a696ab963fe71296d9495caed1b748f6f7d8971

Reproducable with this (after downloading/unpacking latest version of ipxe):
# add support for "comboot" by removing comments //
vim config/general.h

make bin/ipxe.pxe

# move ipxe image file to tftpserver and boot
# hit ctrl+b

# cannot type in console

If I download the "tar" from this commit, it is one commit before the one above ([gdb] Use new UART):
https://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/5e622dc085d461d21e0db8f8d9773863ebc1468f

And redo the steps, I can type in the console again, with comboot support enabled...

--Torgeir

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender properly.