[ipxe-devel] Problem with SSL connections

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Thu Jan 29 19:41:14 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
| Hi All,
|
| I've been using iPXE for quite some time, however, lately I've had trouble
| with SSL support compiled in.  When attempting to connect to my HTTPS server
| I get the error
|
|   Connection Reset (http://ipxe.org/0f0a6039)
|
| Now looking at the code outlined in net/tcp.c#105{3,6} it would indicate that
| the server connection failed and my question is why?  When connecting to the
| server via a web browser or from the command line the file downloads just
| fine.  Only with iPXE does the process fail.  I look at the HTTPS server and
| the settings for SSL seem to be fine, the certificate is still valid, etc.
| In fact, if I connect from the same machine that I'm trying to download the
| file to using HTTPS outside of iPXE it works.  I'm really at a loss here so
| any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I should also note that this *was* working, up until recently and it just stopped working a few days ago.  No changes that I can see in the pipeline (that I'm aware of)

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
Twitter : @sfu_rcg
Powering Engagement Through Technology
"Build upon strengths and weaknesses will generally take care of themselves" - Joyce C. Lock