[ipxe-devel] iMac 2007 silently fails booting kernel

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at c0d3.blue
Thu Dec 31 15:51:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

So after the iMac 2007 boots an ipxe.efi through Clonezilla fine,
including the menu if the background PNG is disabled, I am not
able to boot a Linux kernel yet, though.

I get the echoed line "Booting ..." configured in the menu,
I get a "... ok" for both the kernel and initrd but then nothing
else happens.

I am able to boot the exact same 64-bit GRML with the same iPXE
config on the AMD Sempron just fine. Same for a Debian Sid with an
NFS root.

Any idea what might be going wrong or how to get additional debug
information here?

Cheers, Linus