[ipxe-devel] Appnote for adding files to linux initrd on the fly.

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Fri Dec 25 10:03:40 UTC 2015

On 14.12.2015 00:22, Ben Hildred wrote:
> I wrote http://ipxe.org/appnote/debian_preseed becouse it was not at all
> obvous how to do this, and thought it may help someone else. I figured
> we should probably add a link to it from the documentation page, which I
> do not have permission to change. please feel free to criticise. I will
> gladly make any improvements  needed to improve clarity.

Nice of you to write up that. The third paragraph is a bit convoluted in
language (start with "EFI presents a couple..") and could be simplified.
It would also be beneficial if you actually add a proper title to the
page. The two first code blocks should also be labeled as BIOS and EFI,
and the last as best combined solution, so people that skim the page
quickly can find the one they want. It would also be beneficial if the
most correct version is at the top of the page, because we all know
people never read the entire article. ;)

Once you've added a decent title I'll add it to the documentation page.

-- Robin