[ipxe-devel] [howto] chainload wimboot

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Fri Dec 11 08:16:14 UTC 2015

On 10.12.2015 15:19, bowser-daniel at web.de wrote:
> Hello to everyone,
> like the subject says I need to know if there is a way to chainload
> wimboot within an other bootloader.
> The background of this question is that im currently writing my own
> bootloader that starts a WINPE over HTTP. In the last weeks I managed to
> start a bootmgfw.efi over PXE. And now I want to chainload the wimboot
> instead of the bootmgfw.efi and afterwarts let the wimboot start the
> WINPE over HTTP. Ist this possible? And what do I have to do?
> I have no idea how to start with this and I hope someone of you could
> help me.

Why are you even doing this, when ipxe+wimboot already does what you
want? See ipxe.org/howto/winpe or ipxe.org/howto/sccm and
ipxe.org/appnote/wimboot_architecture for details on how they work.

Please feel free to elaborate why/if the current ipxe+wimboot doesn't
work for you and your situation.

-- Robin