[ipxe-devel] Chainload WDS/SCCM2012 server, with hp8570w and undionly.kpxe, WinPE freezing...

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Mon Dec 7 20:07:17 UTC 2015

On 24/11/15 13:37, Torgeir.Wulfsberg at kongsberg.com wrote:
> This 8570w has an Intel 82579LM card (8086:1502), together with our Zbook15, and 8470p (which also had the same problem).
>
> But our other Zbook15 (don't know which one is G1 or G2) has another NIC Intel I217-LM (8086:153a). Same problem. Drops to 10Mbps (9 min for 240MB boot.wim file).
>
> Adding "INTEL_NO_PHY_RST" for this network interface as well does the trick (downloads in 90sec or so as expected):

Applied; thanks!

   http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/d694592

A quick check against the Linux driver source shows that all three of
the IDs for which we've currently had to set INTEL_NO_PHY_RST belong to
the e1000e Linux driver and use one of the board_pch* board types.

If anyone has any of the other board_pch* NICs:

         8086:10ea
         8086:10eb
         8086:10ef
         8086:10f0
         8086:1503
         8086:153b
         8086:1559
         8086:155a
         8086:156f
         8086:1570
         8086:15a0
         8086:15a1
         8086:15a2
         8086:15b7
         8086:15b8

then it would be great to know if these also suffer from the same problem.