[ipxe-devel] Error 410de18f

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Mon Aug 3 11:55:07 UTC 2015

On 03/08/15 00:01, Beima, Charlie wrote:
> Thanks! It works great. Another issue, when I press Ctrl+B to get the shell,
> it enters the embedded menu after exactly 5 minutes. When it's downloading the
> 300MB .wim on a DSL connection, it doesn't complete as it enters the menu
> after 5 minutes. I'm sure this is a setting somewhere in the code, but it
> would seem that "imgfetch --timeout 3600000 Boot/LiteTouchPE_${arch}.wim
> LiteTouchPE_${arch}.wim" with the 1 hour timeout should keep that from
> happening. A forum search did not turn up anything.

It's the UEFI platform firmware that is triggering the timeout, not iPXE.

Several people have previously offered patches that simply disable the
UEFI watchdog timer; these were rejected on the basis that we shouldn't
wilfully disable potentially useful functionality.  I've put together a
"proper" fix which resets the timer to its default five-minute value
every ten seconds while iPXE continues to run:

   http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/c6b299d