[ipxe-devel] IBDEV send queue full

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Sep 30 15:03:35 UTC 2014

On 30/09/14 07:54, Sigurd Kristian Brinch wrote:
> I'm trying to use ipxe.iso to boot and install windows 8.1 on pcs with
> only infiniband NICs.
>
> It works fine with centos7 install, downloading pxelinux.0, initrd.img
> and vmlinuz from tftp, but when I try to use http transfer for wimboot,
> bcd, boot.sdi and boot.wim it starts of fine, but after a short while it
> just stops downloading and nothing more happens.
>
> When I compiled ipxe.iso with DEBUG=infiniband I got the following
> message (Screenshot attached):
>
> "IBDEV 0xd22d4 QPN 0x9c048 send queue full"

That could be just a transient error indicating that iPXE has received
several packets to which it needs to send responses, and doesn't have
enough send work queue entries to send all of them, or it could indicate
that the transmit datapath has locked up.

Does the appearance of the "send queue full" message coincide exactly
with the point at which download progress stops?