[ipxe-devel] UEFI wimboot

NICOLAS CATTIE nicolas.cattie at mpsa.com
Fri Sep 19 08:05:33 UTC 2014

It works ! My winPE starts !

My winPE is not yet ready to support this hardware so I cannot confirm, for the moment, that the whole cloning process is working (but I'm working on it...)

Many thanks !

Nicolas

On 18/09/14 14:33, NICOLAS CATTIE wrote:
> I'm using the bin-x86_64-efi/snponly.efi version
>
> The debug message (just after the download "...ok" message) is : EFIIMAGE 0xb815d048 could not boot: Error 0x 7f048182

That's not a message which can be generated by iPXE:

$ git grep EFIIMAGE
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p could not
identify SNP device\n",
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p could not
install file protocol: "
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p could not
install iPXE download "
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p could not
create device path\n",
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p could not
create command line\n",
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p could not
load: %s\n",
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p filling in
missing DeviceHandle\n",
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p could not
start (or returned with "
image/efi_image.c:              DBGC ( image, "EFIIMAGE %p could not
load: %s\n",

I'm assuming the message was "EFIIMAGE 0xb815d048 could not load: Error
0x7f048182", since you said that it was generated from the "kernel"
command (rather than the "boot" command), and there should be only one
possible error message on that code path.

The error is EFI_INVALID_PARAMETER.  It's plausible that the platform
firmware is complaining about our NULL parameter for DevicePath.  Could
you try the attached patch, which provides a dummy empty device path?

Thanks,