[ipxe-devel] Regarding error code 1d704039

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Sep 16 14:53:34 UTC 2014

On 14/09/14 13:45, Sky Gayak wrote:
> I am trying to boot my home system using synology nas iscsi target.
> I setup all the script and webserver for wimboot. Now i want to install
> os on my iscsi target, so onwords the system will boot with ipxe using
> iscsi boot.
>
> For this I made a LUN-1 in Synology nas with iqn "d1".
> I am trying the command " sanhook iscsi:192.168.1.1:::1:d1 "
> I am getting error as
> " could not open SAN device: Input /output error
> (http://ipxe.org/1d704039) "

"d1" is not a valid iSCSI IQN.  It's possible that your iSCSI target
doesn't care about this (and iPXE definitely doesn't care), but you
should probably use a valid IQN.

The error message indicates that a SCSI command has failed and returned
without any sense data.  You could try building with DEBUG=scsi,iscsi,
or capturing a packet trace with wireshark.