[ipxe-devel] wimboot problem

Löster, Thomas - SID Thomas.Loester at sid.sachsen.de
Thu Oct 23 14:11:38 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have to start winpe-images over pxelinux + wimboot.
On a BIOS-compatible system it works fine. But now I have to boot a MS surface 3 which only has UEFI.
Here it works till this point:

Encapsulating ...\bootmgr ... ok
Encapsulating ...\bcd ... ok
Encapsulating ...\boot.sdi ... ok
Encapsulating  ...\boot.wim ...

Here it hangs and nothing happens. :(
I use the latest wimboot (2.3.0) and the newest pxelinux version (6.3).
Unfortunately I didn't found any hints if I have to change any options in the pxelinux.cfg\default or I have to change some files.
For instance I tried to use bootmgr.efi instead of bootmgr but that didn't change anything.
I would be very glad if you can give me some help.

Best regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Löster
Sachbearbeiter
STAATSBETRIEB SÄCHSISCHE INFORMATIK DIENSTE
Bereich | Fachbereich 4.1
Garnisonsplatz 10 | 01917 Kamenz
Tel.: +49 3578334432 | Fax: +49 357833554432
Thomas.Loester at SID.sachsen.de<mailto:Thomas.Loester at SID.sachsen.de>

Kein Zugang für elektronisch signierte sowie für verschlüsselte elektronische Dokumente.