[ipxe-devel] Link local routing

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Fri Oct 3 19:42:54 UTC 2014

How can I get iPXE to recognize link-local (RFC 3927) routes as actually
being link-local.  For these, it shouldn't direct the packets to the
gateway.

Is there a way I can accomplish this?  If I just provide iPXE with a
normal DHCP lease, it tries to route the link local packets to the
gateway, which doesn't work.  I can't seem to find any commands that
would allow adding a static route, nor does iPXE accept option 121.

For reference, the linux routing table entry for this looks like:

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     1004 0        0 br0