[ipxe-devel] Master Broken?

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Thu May 15 07:00:14 UTC 2014

Can someone help verify if the master branch is currently broken?

I've been attempting to use rom-o-matic.eu to build a new iso image

It boots, and gets to Loading ipxe.krn...ready.

_

And that is where it stays indefinitely. I'm using vmware 10.0.2 Windows for
this test.

After making 5-6 images that all failed with different configurations, I
grabbed the latest iso from

http://boot.ipxe.org/ipxe.iso, booted it in the same vm, and get to the
exact same failure point.

After assuming I really messed something up, I created a new vm, tried again
with the same results,

and then finally rebooted the host also with same results.

Finally, using rom-o-matic.eu, I built Git version abf8, and it works as
expected. I built a new image with

The same settings, using master, and get the same failure.

I know this is *never* supposed to happen due to how ipxe is developed, so
can someone else please

Chime in and tell me if they are having the same results?

I currently don't have a machine I can boot the iso with, for a hardware
test, but I can sometime tomorrow if needed.

Thanks,

-Andrew