[ipxe-devel] Removing protocols in script in EFI

Jarrod Johnson jarrod.b.johnson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:34:07 UTC 2014

So ESXi netboot with iPXE download protocol hit's a snag as-is due to some
inadequate code in esxi's boot loader.  I have thus far addressed that by
modified their boot loader, but I can also acheive the same effect by
assuring that it's boot device does not have PXE or filesystem protocols on
it.  I was thinking of doing a similar thing to microsoft boot loader (in
that case removing PXE protocol but leaving filesystem).  I was just
curious as to how best to expose this from a scripting perspective.  Should
this be some command or a flag to chain/imgexec?

E.g. I was pondering implementing
imgexec --nofs --nopxe

Off the top of my head.  So far I just did it compile time to see if it
would have the desired effect.