[ipxe-devel] [ipxe] Expose board-serial and board-product through SMBios (#21)

Dale Hamel notifications at github.com
Thu Jun 12 15:53:06 UTC 2014

With the patch:

```
ls -l bin/undionly.kpxe
-rw-r--r-- 1 dale.hamel dale.hamel 70461 Jun 12 11:44 bin/undionly.kpxe
```

Without the patch:

```
ls -l bin/undionly.kpxe
-rw-r--r-- 1 dale.hamel dale.hamel 70412 Jun 12 11:50 bin/undionly.kpxe
```

So we're talking about around 49 bytes total for this patch. I agree that we should document reading the SMBios attrs better.

As a separate suggestion, perhaps moving the ipxe.org to github.io would make it easier to PR against the documentation, so it's not just a few people writing the docs?

---
https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/pull/21#issuecomment-45910279