[ipxe-devel] [ipxe] Expose board-serial and board-product through SMBios (#21)

Robin Smidsrød notifications at github.com
Thu Jun 12 15:42:01 UTC 2014

I just did a tiny check with VirtualBox, and both 2.7.0 and 2.5.0 do contain useful values (same as product/serial). Is it possibly that we could swap chassis product/serial to board product/serial for the named settings?

Other than that, it might also be useful to include more examples on the smbios wiki page so that information like the one mentioned above is easier to find. It might also be useful to link to the SMBIOS reference manual.

---
https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/pull/21#issuecomment-45908719