[ipxe-devel] DNS Suffix Search List may not work with Microsoft DHCP servers - Fixes!

Matthew Helton mwhelton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 23:13:52 UTC 2014

Hello list. I was testing the latest enhancement for iPXE. It worked
perfectly on InfoBlox and ISC DHCPD but couldn't get it work on a Windows
DHCP server.. After a little searching, I came up with this:

Explanation of the technical problem:

http://www.mattzuba.com/2011/03/windows-2008-rc2-dhcp-server-option-119/

Working fix (Look for the Powershell 2.0 script):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572752(v=office.13).aspx

Tested working on a Server 2008 R2 SP1 DHCP Server...

Best,

Matt

--
There is never time enough to do it right, but there always seems to be
enough time to do it again.