[ipxe-devel] Network device not detect

PORCHET Jerome jerome.porchet at alliadis.com
Tue Dec 2 20:07:47 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have one troubleshot with detection of the network device of my thinclients.
After some reboot of my Thinclient, the ixpe lkrn boot and try to initializing network device. Unfortunately, the ipxe stop here. It doesn't catch my tftp server to take linux init.
If I try to reboot or halt and start the thinclient after this the troubelshot persist.
The only solution for retrieve a stable state is to unplug AC/DC of thinclient some seconds.
I'm using iPXE ipxe_1.0.0+git-20131111.c3d1e78 but I found also the troubleshot with September 2014 version
They have an Realtek  RTL8169
I try to use this version compile with DEBUG=realtek option and I have this message when the problem appear.

iPXE initializing devices... REALTEK 0xa3d84 appears to be an RTL8169
REALTEK 0xa3d84 EEPROM is a 93c46
REALTEK 0xa3d84 EEPROM ID incorrect (0xffff);assuming no EEPROM
REALTEK 0xa3d84 EEPROM timed out waiting for MII read
REALTEK 0xa3d84 EEPROM could not reset MII : Connection time out (http://ipxe.org/4c634035)
OK

Can you help me?

Cordialement,

Jérôme PORCHET
Alliance Software
Service Systèmes
Tel : 05 49 32 31 43 (STD)
@:jerome.porchet at alliadis.com
1, impasse des chênes
79026 Niort-Bessines Cedex 9

[Description : Description : cid:image004.jpg at 01CA11BD.3841ADC0]"Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer cet e-mail."