[ipxe-devel] IPXE and parallels on MAC

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Fri Apr 18 16:36:15 UTC 2014

On 17/04/14 15:27, Patel, Kalpesh, US wrote:
>> I suspect this is a flaw in the emulation of the Intel NIC.  We had a
>> similar problem with VMware:
>>
>>    http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/0c5e3df
>>
>> If you're happy experimenting with driver code, then you could try
>> adding some calls to intel_diag() to see what the hardware and software
>> think the ring pointers are.  I've attached a sample patch which will
>> dump out the ring pointers when RX overrun is first detected.
>
> I am happy experimenting with the driver code to get to the root cause of
> it. Could you let me know against which code line is the patch for? I just
> want to make sure.

It's against drivers/net/intel.c.  The patch is produced by git-diff and
so includes filename information: you should be able to apply it using just

   git apply ipxe-intel-diag-hack.patch

If you haven't already found the IRC channel (#ipxe on Freenode), then
give it a try: IRC is quite useful for interactive debugging-at-a-distance.