[ipxe-devel] Update to sccm howto

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 23:07:21 UTC 2013

On 29/10/13 17:15, Doose, Michael wrote:
> On 28/10/13 19:54, John Newbigin wrote:
> > Before launching TsmBootStrap, merge this registry file:
> > Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
> >
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PXE]
> > "BootServerReply"=hex:
> > "DHCPServerACK"=hex:
> >
> > Then Tsm knows it is a PXE boot and is happy to proceed past identifying the 'Launch mode'.
>
> I also made it work by modifying another key - PEBootType, this made things work for me when using WIMBOOT:
>
> Set os = WScript.CreateObject ( "WScript.Shell" )
> os.Run "%COMSPEC%", 7, false
> os.Run "%COMSPEC% /c title Initializing...&&  wpeinit&&  net start dnscache", 1, true
> os.Run "%COMSPEC% /c title Initializing...&&  REG ADD HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control /v PEBootType /t REG_SZ /d Ramdisk:OpticalDrive /f", 1, true
> os.Run WScript.ScriptFullName&  "\..\TsmBootStrap.exe /env:WinPE /configpath:%SYSTEMDRIVE%\sms\data", 1, true

Thanks to both of you for finding solutions to this problem!

Based on what you've said; I think the following additional line for
bootstrap.vbs (using os.RegWrite() rather than invoking reg.exe) should
work; if anyone has time to test it then I'll happily update the SCCM howto:

   Set os = WScript.CreateObject ( "WScript.Shell" )
   os.Run "%COMSPEC%", 7, false
   os.Run "%COMSPEC% /c title Initialising... && wpeinit " & _
          "&& net start dnscache", 1, true
   os.RegWrite ( "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PEBootType", _
                 "Ramdisk:OpticalDrive", "REG_SZ" )