[ipxe-devel] Intel 82579lm => Bad performance with AMT enabled

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 16:42:20 UTC 2013

On 29/10/13 16:35, Bovey Christian wrote:
> Here are more results (debug=intel) with file transfer.
> With AMT disabled, it's working great, but with AMT enabled (files beginning with AMT_ON_) we have a problem. The pictures of taskmanager taken from the server show the real link speed.
> All test are made with warm boot.

Have you tried with a switch, rather than a back-to-back connection to
another 82579?

I suspect that we may need to liaise with AMT to force the chip to carry
out a proper reset.  It's possible that AMT prevents the reset from
taking place, in order to avoid dropping the management connection.
It's still puzzling that the chip reports link-up at Gigabit speed, though.