[ipxe-devel] Mikrotik RouterOS

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Thu Oct 17 06:55:19 UTC 2013

On 06.09.2013 19:22, Andrew Cheah wrote:
> Is there a way to use iPXE with Mikrotik RouterOS?

As far as I can tell from the docs at
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall it doesn't seem like the
PXE agent is designed to use PXE, but bootp. I also see no mention of
TFTP in terms of supplying the netboot .npk image required.

Technically, if the hardware you're using is x86 BIOS compatible, iPXE
should be able to operate like any other OS. If this RouterOS is just
kernel+initrd, it might be possible to pull them out of the image and
boot them in the traditional ipxe way. I'm not saying it's going to be
easy, but you can try.

-- Robin