[ipxe-devel] undionly boot port

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 05:59:07 UTC 2013

I'm trying to find the equivalent function that pxelinux provided
or maybe it's not what I think it is.

In the pxelinux configuration files
I get a way to pass the ksdevice to a the kernel via
ksdevice=bootif
and this seems to be set with IPAPPEND 2

Because the servers that I boot have as many as 18 interfaces,
this process in pxelinux helps to remove some extra hand holding
as the BIOS on these machines is configure to only pxeboot on
a single interface.

Watching ipxe load, I know that it knows which interface it loaded from.
Is there anyway to make use of that data without going looping through all
the interfaces.

This would be easy if all the servers are the same but I have at least
eight differently configured
servers that we pxeboot on a regular basis.  Lab install testing
environment.