[ipxe-devel] Remove gpxe or replace with ipxe?

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Wed Oct 9 09:45:49 UTC 2013

On 09.10.2013 02:56, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> The gPXE in the Syslinux tree is ridiculously old.  We could either
> replace it with iPXE or just drop it, giving people a recipe for how to
> integrate with iPXE themselves.
>
> What do people think?

I'm actually more of a fan of adding docs which explain how to integrate
themselves, to avoid the ipxe checkout inside syslinux getting too stale.

Alternatively use git subtree/modules support to pull in latest ipxe
more easily using a makefile target to upgrade ipxe to latest version.

How is ipxe used inside syslinux, and which parts of the makefile
currently touch the old gpxe directory?

-- Robin