[ipxe-devel] IPv6 plans and 'snponly' work...

Jarrod Johnson jarrod.b.johnson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 13:32:02 UTC 2013

I noticed that IPv6 was getting some attention and was wondering if some
behind the scenes work was going to be getting it more usable (e.g.
automatic addressing from route advertisements, dhcpv6, specifying global
and link local ipv6 addresses as [] in urls, ability to statically set ipv6
parameters.  IPv6 is one front where I was considering trying out some
development, but if it's impending anyway, I'll just hold off.

The other thing I was going to do was have snponly.efi enumerate other,
non-iPXE snp devices to allow booting in contexts other than
chain-loading.  I'll probably do this first anyway, but I was wondering
about the general interest level in this.  I know I've pointed my patches
out to a few people appearing on the list, but it looks like the master
tree doesn't have any equivalent attempt to restore snponly.efi.  For
reference I'm just talking about:
https://git.ipxe.org/vendor/xcat/ipxe.git/commitdiff/73d1ff05b058a2507fda0119825715fa2253d722
https://git.ipxe.org/vendor/xcat/ipxe.git/commitdiff/f411dcea1ce12ddcdfafa3fa2a89566a16f86bce