[ipxe-devel] Ipxe + wimboot + winpe issue

Brandon Penglase bpenglase-ipxe at Spaceservices.net
Thu May 30 01:35:33 UTC 2013

<snip>

> However i have some trouble with some motherboard  like Intel DG61AG
> and Intel DH67BL/VR. Lan chipset is Intel 82579V for both.
>
> I use the same Ipxe script, source and the last Wimboot version, but
> with those motherboards, my computer reboot after Boot.wim load. The
> Winpe loading screen appear shortly, and reboot few second later.

<snip>

This sounds like Windows PE is missing the NIC driver. I know for a
fact that Windows 7 (PE 3.5/AIK, iirc), does not have the driver for the
82579 built in. I don't recall Windows 8 (PE 4.0/ADK) off the top of my
head, but I think it needs to be added as well.
I do know that what you are describing is what typically happens when
the wpeinit fails due to not bringing up the NIC.
Hopefully this can help point you in the right direction.

	Brandon