[ipxe-devel] Install RHEL to iSCSI Target and Boot From iPXE

Greg Jednaszewski jednaszewski at gmail.com
Fri May 10 01:31:31 UTC 2013

I ran into this same stack trace in a non-iPXE scenario.  What caused the problem for me was the presence of various rd_NO_* kernel parameters in the grub config.  In my case it was rd_NO_LVM, but I also saw rd_NO_MD and rd_NO_DM, which may be causing your issue.  It seems that the RHEL6 installer puts those kernel parameters in to disable features that it doesn't think you need.

Greg