[ipxe-devel] configure ipxe to boot from alternative port ie1067 and 1068

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed May 1 09:10:19 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 01 May 2013 03:10:58 Andrew Bobulsky wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2013, at 10:05 PM, sxiprateek <sxiprateek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i am using drbl on alternative port & using ipxe to boot my clients but
> > if my server is on alternative dhcp porth then how cai i tell ipxe to
> > boot form it
> >
> > as the default dhcp port is 67 and 68 but my dhcp server is on port 1067
> > and 1068
>
> I apologize if I don't quite understand... are you trying to get
> iPXE's DHCP client to broadcast its DHCP discovery on a non-standard
> port?
>
> I'm not aware of that even being configurable.  :(

It's not configurable.

There was a compile-time option in Etherboot to allow that.  It was a
hideously ugly hack and is obsoleted by both support for ProxyDHCP and support
for embedded scripts, either of which can be used to alter the boot process
without resorting to screwing up the DHCP infrastructure.