[ipxe-devel] uuid mangling patch

alexandru.bordei at gmail.com alexandru.bordei at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 07:00:44 UTC 2013


I had an issue with UUIDs mangled, on HP DL120 G7. Didn't had it on Dell PE R200 nor any IBM's. Anyway what I did was to tweak the uuid a bit. It now works as it should. I also added a touppercase conversion since i've seen that some BIOSes return it lower case and some uppercase. 

I'm not sure what impact this has on other machines though.

Someone else had the same problem a while ago: http://forum.ipxe.org/archive/index.php/thread-6685.html

I hope it helps. 

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: uuid_fix.patch
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 1851 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/attachments/20130319/52d6cff4/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------

More information about the ipxe-devel mailing list