[ipxe-devel] IPXE with synology

FX Combes fx at teamcombes.com
Wed Mar 13 09:23:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

I try to install Windows 7 ( or vista or other ) on PCs from my NAS synology with IPXE. All is ok on the beginning.

    * I receive IP
    * I download boot.ipxe from the web server
    * It load all files and boot on the boot.wim as indicated on your tuto http://ipxe.org/wimboot
    * It launch the install.bat with wpeinit commands
    * And then nothing....

If i put other commands on install.bat, i can see them (and i can see there is no way to map my server share) but just after my pc reboot and i am going in a loop

So do you know

    * Is it normal the PC reboot and don't show me a prompt for me to type some actions and try to debug?i can see only the prompt cmd with wpeinit before the reboot.
    * My goal is to install windows 7 with the install.wim : how can i do ?

I test the process on 1 VM (vmware worstation 9) and on 1 portable PC (D430) but with the same problem

Thanks in advance

FX Combes