[ipxe-devel] how to edit kernel & initrd

Leo Baltus Leo.Baltus at omroep.nl
Mon Mar 11 11:40:53 UTC 2013

Op 07/03/2013 om 13:36:58 +0000, schreef Michael Brown:
> On Thursday 07 Mar 2013 11:47:10 Leo Baltus wrote:
> > A kernel command line can get quite complex with all sorts of arguments. So
> > it would be very convenient in ad hoc situations.
> >
> > Is there a possibility of editing a predefined kernel and initrd in the
> > same way as you can edit things with 'config'?
>
> Yes, you can do this using the "read" command:
>
>   #!ipxe
>   set cmdline selinux=0 console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0
>   echo -n Kernel command line: ${}
>   read cmdline
>
> I've updated http://ipxe.org/cmd/read to include this as an example.

hmm,

The use case I had in mind was to have a couple of often used menu-
selectable kernels & initrd's, select one of these and be able to edit
all configuration lines (kernel & initrd), much like grub can.

--
Leo Baltus, internetbeheerder                         /\
NPO ICT Internet Services                            /NPO/\