[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] gpxe on USB or HD

LEVAI, Levente levail at aviatronic.hu
Fri Jun 14 06:34:43 UTC 2013

  Sorry for butting in, but please notice that Michael suggested

  dd if=bin/ipxe.usb of=/dev/sda

 From
> ...the usb key results in a blank usb key (sdc1)...
I suspect you tried something like

dd if=bin/ipxe.usb of=/dev/sdc1

The right command were

dd if=bin/ipxe.usb of=/dev/sdc

(your usb pen drive is /dev/sdc, not /dev/sdc1, the
latter is the first partition on the pen drive)

If nothing works you may use grub4dos to chainload
ipxe (or even a gpxe, if that is your preference).

Hope this helps.

Levente