[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] gpxe on USB or HD

Yadin Flammer yxf4 at psu.edu
Fri Jun 14 03:59:21 UTC 2013

hmm... in that case perhaps a small note on the instructions for those
not as heavily versed in unix (or reading and thinking that close) might
help?  Say adding "Note this is not /dev/sdXX as seen in fdisk -l which
would be a partition, JUST /dev/sdX which is the device without a
partition number." or something to that effect.  I also noticed the
website and everyone here says to use dd, but the instructions displayed
at the end of the make operation say to use something different (which
also didn't work for me, but I was again leaving on a partition number)
so some consistency might again help the neophyte not get tripped up.
Just some thoughts, hope they're helpful.
Yadin

   Yadin Flammer - Systems Administrator
   College of Arts & Architecture, Penn State University
   228 Borland Building              Office Phone: 814-865-0990
   University Park, PA 16802         Dept. Phone:  814-865-1571
   Email: yxf4 at psu.edu               Dept. Fax:    814-863-6227