[ipxe-devel] Intel NUC, IPXE & Rom burning questions

Steve Cross hairlesshobo at stevecross.org
Thu Jul 25 17:37:12 UTC 2013

I currently have two Intel NUC machines running Windows 7 x64 that use
iSCSI only and two other systems that are not the NUCs running the same had
and OS setup. I chainload iPXE from the on board pxe and it works great. I
personally prefer this method so if I ever choose to update iPXE I only
update it on the server and all clients are updated on next boot
automatically.

For this to work, there wasn't a single change that needed to be made in
the NUC bios. The factory bios settings boot directly to network if there
is no other device present.

Steve Cross