[ipxe-devel] BroadCom BCM5782KFB & UEFI BIOS ASROCK PROBLEM

Victor Corjan victor.corjan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 09:10:00 UTC 2013

Hello

First thanks for you works with this great project !!!! its cool!!!

My problem
I have BroadCom BCM5782KFB pci NIC (HP 321793-001 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Card)
http://store.cwc-group.com/bcm5782kfb.html
i create ipxe rom  for this board - 14e41696.rom (see attach)
btw i use  ipxe compiled from source under ubuntu - in result ipxe.iso
(see attach)
after that (as describe in tutorial http://ipxe.org/howto/romburning)
i flash 14e41696.rom in my BroadCom BCM5782KFB pci NIC - all OK
but i have problem with boot ipxe:(

- motherboard asrock H67M-GE http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H67M-GE/
with uefi bios
   	- 64Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support
when i chose in bios boot from ipxe and restart i see ipxe
initialising device... - and nothing ;(   (see screen-shots )

pls help me - i need to boot from ipxe on this board asrock H67M-GE
and this nic BroadCom BCM5782KFB pci NIC

i also try to boot from ipxe.iso on this board asrock H67M-GE - the same result
ipxe initialising device... - and nothing ;(
additional info - when i see info on DSCF6307_cr.jpg and try to press
ctrl-b - nothing to happen ;(

ps some additional info - i also try to boot flashed with ipxe
BroadCom BCM5782KFB pci NIC on other motherboard P5N7A-VM
http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P5N7AVM/
with 8 Mb Flash ROM AMI BIOS, Green,PnP,DMI v2.0,Wfm2.0,ACPI v2.0a, SMBIOS v2.5
and then in bios post-screen i see message - no enough space to copy
PCI option ROM [01:06:00]