[ipxe-devel] Issue with Realtek card and iPXE

Matthew Helton mwhelton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 18:14:48 UTC 2013

I've seen this too with some RealTeks (just last week as a matter of fact);
The Foxconn DS42S/DS52S board exhibits this behavior. I haven't tried yet
with an ISO or a USB Stick, but it looks like a possible bug in UNDI
somewhere. I've got the serial port debugging setup completed
hardware-wise. Need a little help getting the debugging options working in
the Compile Options.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Marek Salwerowicz <marek_sal at wp.pl> wrote:

> W dniu 2013-01-20 18:34, Marek Salwerowicz pisze:
>
>  everytime I was trying to boot the 'undionly.kpxe' the result was the
>> same:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/**73rwxv90nxl6gc3/Photo%2020.01.**
>> 2013%2017%2035%2043.jpg<https://www.dropbox.com/s/73rwxv90nxl6gc3/Photo%2020.01.2013%2017%2035%2043.jpg>
>>
>> And it was hanging at 'initializing devices'
>>

> I forgot about that everytime it stopped, in TFTP log appeared:
>
> tftpd[27164]: Got ERROR packet: TFTP Aborted
>
> so probably there is some issue with TFTP support in Realtek cards?
>

> --
> Marek Salwerowicz

There is never time enough to do it right, but there always seems to be
enough time to do it again.