[ipxe-devel] FATAL: int13_eltorito: call with AX=4d00. Please report

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Tue Jan 1 20:18:25 UTC 2013

Anyone seen this before?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/354628/iPXE%20sanboot%20issue%202013-01-01.png

This is my script:

#!ipxe
sanhook ${base-iscsi}:${hostname}.boot.windows7
sanboot --no-describe --drive 0xa0

In the CDROM is Windows Ultimate x64 English.

Trying drive 0x81 doesn't work either, and using etdump in DOS to try
and dump out which device is my CDROM doesn't seem to yield anything
(all devices return a signature of only zeros).

I'm running inside VirtualBox 4.2.0.

etdump: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/354628/freedos-etdump-floppy.img

Where does the error come from, VirtualBox or the Windows MBR? I'm going
to assume VirtualBox, as it usually says FATAL: INT18 FAILED when it is
missing a boot device.

Using checkout 717279a from 6 weeks ago, which seems to be the newest
commit.

-- Robin