[ipxe-devel] Realtek eeprom issue pic [ wasRe: Loading Bootrom via bios-pxe to avoid zeroing mac-address?]

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sat Aug 24 09:18:34 UTC 2013

On 23.08.2013 16:34, Oliver Rath wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
>> I think there might be some EEPROM issues here. Have you tried building
>> ipxe.usb like this?
>>
>> make bin/ipxe.usb DEBUG=realtek
>>
>> And when you boot this USB stick, what does it tell you about the
>> eeprom/mac state? A picture of the screen with a cameraphone would be
>> very useful to understand what's going on.
>>

> Here comes the pic! Its not a good quality, but I hope you can recognize
> the needed information.
>
> Tfh!
>
> Oliver
>
> Ich habe 1 zu dieser E-Mail gehörende Datei hochgeladen:
> * realtek-ipxe-usb-debug.jpg (2.6 MB) hochgeladen auf Ubuntu One:
> http://ubuntuone.com/2LnR3OmFGCl1ssPEKfh3Qz

You should always remember to rest your camera on something solid when
you take pictures in low light like this. Also remember that there is a
"Pause" button on your keyboard you can use to freeze the output from
the BIOS, which should give you enough time to get a clear shot.

Also, I think the more interesting picture is the same as this one, but
the MAC being reported as all-zeros. Could you get a shot of that one?

Also, it would be useful to see the response when the cable is actually
plugged into the NIC. Or is the cable already plugged in when you get
these "Link: Down" messages?

-- Robin