[ipxe-devel] Wrapped iPXE EFI SNP device paths (was: Re: EFI_SIMPLE_FILESYSTEM_PROTOCOL commit breaks snponly.efi)

Jarrod Johnson jarrod.b.johnson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 11:48:38 UTC 2013

I think my patch to revert shows approximately the best strategy when
dealing with existing SNP device.  Do not create a new device, just install
the ipxe protocols relevant to enhancing image load onto the existing one
and ignore the lower level ones that really only make sense when IPXE is
providing the entirety of a devices firmware implementation.  It was
helpful that the distinction between the two sorts of protocols already was
split nicely between efi_snp and efi_image.  Simple and straightforward.