[ipxe-devel] sanboot http on (U)EFI

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sat Apr 6 09:00:50 UTC 2013

On 06.04.2013 02:28, James A. Peltier wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In my continued effort to get (U)EFI fully supported on our network I am having difficulties with sanboot.  I have the following in my config
>
> :windows-efi
> set base-url ${ufds-base-url}/discovery7
> cpuid --ext 29 && set arch x64 || set arch x86
> sanboot ${base-url}/discovery7.iso || sleep 60
> goto start
>

> and when I boot it says
>
> Could not open SAN device: Error 0x3f142003 (http://ipxe.org/err/3f142003)
>
> I'm not sure if this is a problem on my side or another iPXE limitation on (U)EFI hardware.  If I place the fully qualified location for ${base-url}/discovery7.iso it allows me to download the image.  Any ideas?

The sanboot command is not yet supported on UEFI platforms (unless
something has happened in the last few days that I haven't noticed).

If you look carefully at the error page you're getting you'll see it
links to null_sanboot.c, which is just a no-operation wrapper until
someone finds time to implement it.

-- Robin