[ipxe-devel] wimboot

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 10:21:14 UTC 2012

On Thursday 27 Sep 2012 12:45:03 Marek Salwerowicz wrote:
> Sorry, you were right - the iSCSI target is visible.
>
> But I had to replace the BCD and bootmgr files - I took them from
> Windows7 Pro ISO image
> Is it possible to take it from WinPE we create ?

Yes; in my testinge WinPE images created through both WAIK and WADK were able
to install to an iSCSI target.

> > How did you create your WinPE image?
>
> I am using the Windows 2012 Server and ADK 8.
> My script for creating both amd64 and x86 versions and BCD with
> interactive bootmenu is in attachment.
> It works in my PXE environment.

That's quite a long and complex build script, and it's difficult to immediately
see where the problem might be.

I would suggest that you try building a test WinPE image using the
instructions at http://ipxe.org/howto/winpe and see if this gives you
something that works.