[ipxe-devel] input/output error on iscsi sanboot from linux tgt

Dr. David Alan Gilbert dave at treblig.org
Mon Sep 3 09:15:57 UTC 2012

* Michael Brown (mbrown at fensystems.co.uk) wrote:
> On Sunday 02 Sep 2012 19:41:10 Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> > Could not open SAN device: Input/output error (http://ipxe.org/1d704439).
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > http://www.treblig.org/debug/ipxe-tgt-sanboot.capture
>
> I can't see any viable way for that error to be produced from that network
> trace, unless you are running a version of iPXE from earlier than May 16 2012.
> What version of iPXE are you using?

Hi Michael,
  Thanks for your response.

It identifies itself as 1.0.0+ as stated; looking at the
packaging data on Ubuntu:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/kvm-ipxe

It looks like it came from git rev 55f6c88, which I've not looked for
yet, but from the package dates it looks like it could be from february.

If you're fairly sure this is fixed in newer iPXE, then I'll put
an ubuntu bug in asking for it to be updated.  Should I suggest
the latest version or is there a particular point that would be
good to take?

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    |       Running GNU/Linux       | Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org |                               | In Hex /