[ipxe-devel] Wimboot

Daryl Ball daryl.ball at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 22:11:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm having trouble with wimboot.

I can't get any version after 0.9.1 to boot an amd64 wim. It will boot a 32bit setup fine.

The configuration is ipxe calling wimboot with the files on a web server per http://ipxe.org/wimboot

The issue occurs on both the Windows 8 installation dvd files, and a set of WinPE files from the windows 7 AIK.

0.9.1 will boot the Windows 7 AIK 64 bit files fine, but i cannot test it on the Windows 8 files as it cannot decompress bootmgr.exe (git suggests that this decompression was added after 0.9.1)

If there is some more information I could collect that would help debug this then let me know.

Daryl.