[ipxe-devel] DHCP failing on Intel 82579V Gigabit [8086:1503] after PXE boot]

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 15:11:39 UTC 2012

On 12/11/12 15:05, Richard Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 14:45 +0000, Michael Brown wrote:
>> Try the attached hack.  This forces undinet into polling mode
>> (rather than interrupt mode); if this works then at least it
>> identifies the problem.
>
> yep that worked :)

OK; so we now know the problem is that this particular underlying PXE
stack is advertising that it supports interrupts, but never actually
generates any.

This is a known problem for some PXE stacks, with no good solution known
at present.  Commit b6ca3aa includes some explanation:

   http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/b6ca3aa

Suggested solutions welcome.