[ipxe-devel] Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit ethernetcontroller - bcm5782 no start Pc

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Tue May 29 13:30:03 UTC 2012

On 29.05.2012 11:35, Rafael Gómez Torres wrote:
> Hello Very good;
>
> I have an HP Compaq d530 card with a Broadcom NetXtreme
> Gigabit ethernetcontroller - bcm5782 that can not boot with ipxe, I
> tried to create the rom to the card in concrete
> and these parameters would make bin/14e41696rom and gives me an error
> "there is no rule to make the object ", I'm a little lost I could give a
> solution.

You should try to boot from CD or USB stick before you try and build a
ROM. Build ipxe.iso and/or ipxe.usb and burn/transfer to a CD or USB-stick.

When you have that CD/USB (see docs on http://ipxe.org/download) you
need to boot from it and verify that your hardware is working. I'm
assuming that you have tested that your card works as it should in Linux?

-- Robin