[ipxe-devel] Problem with TG3 driver

Brandon Penglase bpenglase-ipxe at spaceservices.net
Wed May 23 16:48:24 UTC 2012

(Sorry I don't have the original message to reply to, I'm away from my
normal email client)

Upon further testing with Brendon Walsh (niamu_work in IRC), who was
having the same issue), we found that when the computer was connected to
a Gigabit switch, it would not communicate over the network properly
(Transmitting seems to be the issue). However, when the computer was
connecting to a 10/100 Switch, it would function perfectly fine.

I found this out by mistake when I changed switches, however Brendon
also confirmed it when the machine he was tested with at work (on
10/100) worked, however when an identical machine at his home was
connected to a Gigabit switch, it failed.

When I submitted the first email, I was doing all of my testing on a
Gigabit switch.

Attached are boots of iPXE from a USB flash drive, captured over serial,
built with the following command: make DEBUG=tg3:3,tg3_hw:3,tg3_phy:3
bin/ipxe.usb. Once was on the Gigabit connection, the other 100M.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

	Brandon Penglase