[ipxe-devel] BootServices watchdog timer disable

Bradley B Williams bradleybwilliams at swbell.net
Tue Jul 3 03:36:52 UTC 2012

The UEFI spec calls out that the Boot Services will start a 5 minute
reset watchdog timer. On the Dell M620 I am using this causes the ^B
breakout to iPXE shell to only be available for about 5 minutes. I have
not studied the iPXE tree enough to know the proper placement of this
code in the "shell", but if this call could be added to the shell's
init() it would help extend my debug time. The code would use the
BootServices table to call like: bs->SetWatchdogTimer(0,0,0,0);

Thanks.