[ipxe-devel] [gPXE] problem with autoboot after dhcp

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 19:20:55 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 10 Jan 2012 19:01:34 Pascal Suter wrote:
> I have discovered gPXE only today and could already put it to great use for
> me thanks to the scripting capabilities. i made a little script that i
> compiled as embedded_image into gpxe that would send an http get request to
> a webserver to log my mac address and then it would load the regular
> pxelinux.

For a start, please upgrade to iPXE (http://ipxe.org) since gPXE is no longer
maintained.  iPXE is approximately 18 months ahead of gPXE in terms of
development.

You may be pleased to know that the scripting support has been substantially
improved, and that you can now do things like handling errors.  For example:

  :retry_dhcp
  dhcp net0 || goto retry_dhcp

Full details are available at

  http://ipxe.org/scripting