[ipxe-devel] "Pre-embedding" a kernel within ipxe.pxe?

Matthew Helton mwhelton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 07:47:21 UTC 2012

Quite a few people have experienced the "Try to free Memory without
Signature" error when using ipxe.pxe. If there isn't a native driver loaded
which works, you have ~at best~, a machine which can only reboot into the
same environment over and over. Most of the time, you have a hung machine
with that error message.

This is why I would like to see an alternative undionly kernel placed in
memory as escape mechanism if the ipxe.pxe kernel cannot find a Natively
driven NIC.