[ipxe-devel] with dual boot menu on a SAN by iSCSI

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sun Dec 2 09:07:22 UTC 2012

On 01.12.2012 22:41, Ruben Cervantes Rodríguez wrote:
> Colleagues I write because I need to know if the ipxe supports background
> image

The iPXE menu uses BIOS text mode, and as such, no graphical image can
be presented.

> and if it can be run on a network of thin clients on each machine to
> display a different option. I have implemented a SAN by the iSCSI protocol
> and use an image for each client, at this moment I'm working out with
> syslinux but it I would use only ipxe.

Yes, you can. See my example: https://gist.github.com/2234639
You can create files in bootstrap/ dir with the appropriate name to
completely customize how they boot or just set a default menu option and
jump back to the standard menu.

> Need to know if it is possible that the ipxe could search in the trivial
> tftp server configuration file for each client using the physical address
> of each customer, as does the syslinux.

Yes, the bootstrap.ipxe file mentioned above does that.

-- Robin